Healthcare stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Monday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 17.4% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals Inc (AVNR): AVNR stock is up 2.5% today and up 74.9% in the last month.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 1.9% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is down 8.7% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is down 2.8% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is down 2.3% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 1.3% today and down 24.3% in the last month.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.