Services stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 2.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 2.0%, the Nasdaq declined 1.6% and the S&P 500 fell 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Alexander’s Inc (ALX): ALX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Aviv REIT Inc. Common Stock (AVIV): AVIV stock is up 1.1% today.
- National Retail Properties (NNN): NNN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Equity Residential (EQR): EQR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Firstservice Corp (FSRV): FSRV stock is up 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Imax Corp (IMAX): IMAX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities (ARE): ARE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB): PEB stock is up 0.8% today.
- Extra Space Storage Inc (EXR): EXR stock is up 0.8% today.
- HCP Inc (HCP): HCP stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is down 10.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCL): RCL stock is down 6.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is down 5.4% today.
- Office Depot (ODP): ODP stock is down 5.3% today.
- Boyd Gaming Corp (BYD): BYD stock is down 5.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Carnival Plc Ads (CUK): CUK stock is down 5.3% today.
- Carnival Corp (CCL): CCL stock is down 5.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Infinera Corp (INFN): INFN stock is down 4.8% today.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is down 4.7% today.
- Frontier Communications Corp (FTR): FTR stock is down 4.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.