Technology stocks rose 1.6% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Sohu.Com Inc (SOHU): SOHU stock is up 6.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Diodes Inc (DIOD): DIOD stock is up 5.9% today.
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL): MRVL stock is up 5.8% today.
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO): MDSO stock is up 5.5% today.
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is up 5.5% today.
- Intersil Corp (ISIL): ISIL stock is up 5.5% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 5.3% today.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is up 5.2% today.
- Arm Holdings Plc (ARMH): ARMH stock is up 5.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is up 5.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Ellie Mae Inc (ELLI): ELLI stock is down 2.3% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Aspen Technology (AZPN): AZPN stock is down 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Methode Electronics (MEI): MEI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Solarwinds Inc (SWI): SWI stock is down 0.1% today.
- Symantec Corp (SYMC): SYMC stock is down 0.1% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.