Financial stocks remained flat so far on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq pushed 0.1% higher and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is up 8.9% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 3.5% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 1.6% today and up 37.3% in the last month.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Greenlight Capital Re (GLRE): GLRE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 36.4% today and down 28.1% in the last month.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 11.6% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is down 4.1% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 4.1% today.
- Pro-Assurance Corp (PRA): PRA stock is down 4.0% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 3.3% today.
- Unumprovident Corp (UNM): UNM stock is down 3.4% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 3.0% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 2.0% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 2.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.