Financial stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 5.0% today and up 25.4% in the last month.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 2.6% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 2.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 1.8% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Viewpoint Financial Group (VPFG): VPFG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Boston Private Financial Holdings (BPFH): BPFH stock is down 1.9% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 1.9% today on 5 times normal volume.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is down 1.8% today.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP): PNFP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Iberiabank Corp (IBKC): IBKC stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.