Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 2.7% today and up 27.3% in the last month.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cash America International (CSH): CSH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 1.8% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is up 1.8% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 1.8% today and up 20.1% in the last month.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 1.3% today.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is down 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Rli Corp (RLI): RLI stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.