Services stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Irsa Inversiones Y Representaciones S.A. (IRS): IRS stock is up 3.8% today.
- Consolidated Communications Holdings (CNSL): CNSL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Dish Network Corp (DISH): DISH stock is up 2.5% today and up 25.6% in the last month.
- Lasalle Hotel Properties (LHO): LHO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Select Income REIT Common Share (SIR): SIR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Alexander’s Inc (ALX): ALX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is up 2.1% today.
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB): PEB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Firstservice Corp (FSRV): FSRV stock is up 2.1% today.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Avis Budget Group (CAR): CAR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Men’s Wearhouse (MW): MW stock is down 1.8% today.
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is down 1.6% today.
- Penn National Gaming (PENN): PENN stock is down 1.5% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Coach Inc (COH): COH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Textainer Group Holdings (TGH): TGH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Lithia Motors (LAD): LAD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ryder System (R): R stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.