Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is up 5.6% today.
- Rentrak Corp (RENT): RENT stock is up 4.4% today.
- The Finish Line (FINL): FINL stock is up 3.5% today.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is up 3.5% today.
- Buckle Inc (BKE): BKE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Gannett Co. (GCI): GCI stock is up 2.6% today.
- Weight Watchers International Inc (WTW): WTW stock is up 2.6% today.
- Time Warner Cable Inc (TWC): TWC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Men’s Wearhouse (MW): MW stock is up 2.6% today.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Sprint Corporation (S): S stock is down 1.4% today.
- Dominion Midstream Partners LP (DM): DM stock is down 1.3% today.
- China Unicom [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHU): CHU stock is down 1.2% today.
- BCE Inc (BCE): BCE stock is down 1.1% today.
- P.T. Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk. (TLK): TLK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dollar General Corp (DG): DG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Howard Hughes Corp (HHC): HHC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Vodafone Group Plc (VOD): VOD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Directv (DTV): DTV stock is down 0.7% today.
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (CCO): CCO stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.