Basic materials stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is up 1.2% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 1.0% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is up 0.8% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 2.4% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 2.2% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 2.0% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 1.4% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.