Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 4.9% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.7% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 3.2% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 2.6% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is up 2.8% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 2.8% today and up 25.6% in the last month.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 2.0% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 0.8% today and down 30.3% in the last month.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 0.7% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Partnerre Ltd (PRE): PRE stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.