Financial stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 2.2% today on 5 times normal volume.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is up 1.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 1.5% today.
- AON Plc (AON): AON stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Liberty All-Star Equity Fund (USA): USA stock is up 1.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is up 1.2% today.
- Tri Continental Corp (TY): TY stock is up 1.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 4.2% today.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is down 3.3% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 2.8% today.
- Cash America International (CSH): CSH stock is down 2.6% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund (KYE): KYE stock is down 1.8% today.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): FNFG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Allied World Assurance Company (AWH): AWH stock is down 1.7% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.