More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq pushed 0.1% higher and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Susquehanna Bancshares (SUSQ): SUSQ stock is up 33.0% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 4.6% today.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): FNFG stock is up 3.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fulton Financial Corp (FULT): FULT stock is up 2.2% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 1.2% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 0.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is down 20.8% today and down 38.6% in the last month.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 5.0% today and down 25.4% in the last month.
- BB&T Corp (BBT): BBT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 2.4% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is down 2.4% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 2.4% today.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.