Healthcare stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 5.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 2.7% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 1.7% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 1.5% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is down 0.1% today.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.