Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Scientific Games Corp (SGMS): SGMS stock is up 3.9% today and up 39.6% in the last month.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 3.7% today.
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Wendy’s Company (WEN): WEN stock is up 3.0% today.
- E.W. Scripps Company (SSP): SSP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Whole Foods Market (WFM): WFM stock is up 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Scholastic Corp (SCHL): SCHL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Kennedy-Wilson Holdings Inc (KW): KW stock is up 2.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Atlantic Tele-Network (ATNI): ATNI stock is up 2.4% today and up 29.2% in the last month.
- Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG): IHG stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Howard Hughes Corp (HHC): HHC stock is down 2.7% today.
- The Advisory Board Company (ABCO): ABCO stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Liberty Global (LBTYK): LBTYK stock is down 2.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Dillard’s (DDS): DDS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cedar Fair L.P. (FUN): FUN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Northstar Realty Finance (NRF): NRF stock is down 2.0% today.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp (NTT): NTT stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 1.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Urban Outfitters (URBN): URBN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Carter’s Inc (CRI): CRI stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.