Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Scientific Games Corp (SGMS): SGMS stock is up 3.9% today and up 39.6% in the last month.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 3.7% today.
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Wendy’s Company (WEN): WEN stock is up 3.0% today.
- E.W. Scripps Company (SSP): SSP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Whole Foods Market (WFM): WFM stock is up 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Scholastic Corp (SCHL): SCHL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Kennedy-Wilson Holdings Inc (KW): KW stock is up 2.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Atlantic Tele-Network (ATNI): ATNI stock is up 2.4% today and up 29.2% in the last month.
- Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG): IHG stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Howard Hughes Corp (HHC): HHC stock is down 2.7% today.
- The Advisory Board Company (ABCO): ABCO stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Liberty Global (LBTYK): LBTYK stock is down 2.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Dillard’s (DDS): DDS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cedar Fair L.P. (FUN): FUN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Northstar Realty Finance (NRF): NRF stock is down 2.0% today.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp (NTT): NTT stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 1.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Urban Outfitters (URBN): URBN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Carter’s Inc (CRI): CRI stock is down 1.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.