Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.9% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.9% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is up 12.9% today.
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL): MRVL stock is up 7.5% today.
- Homeaway Inc (AWAY): AWAY stock is up 3.6% today.
- Rockwell Automation Inc (ROK): ROK stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 2.2% today and up 20.9% in the last month.
- Intuit Inc (INTU): INTU stock is up 2.9% today.
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is up 2.7% today.
- Nokia Corp (NOK): NOK stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is down 13.6% today.
- Renren Inc (RENN): RENN stock is down 9.5% today.
- Marcus & Millichap (MMI): MMI stock is down 4.3% today.
- Pandora Media Inc (P): P stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is down 1.3% today.
- Synaptics Inc (SYNA): SYNA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Taser International (TASR): TASR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Finisar Corp (FNSR): FNSR stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.