Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 5.7% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 3.8% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 3.2% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 3.2% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 3.2% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 2.9% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 2.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is down 1.3% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.0% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 0.7% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is down 0.7% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Airgas Inc (ARG): ARG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.