Energy stocks advanced 1.2% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 rose 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 5.1% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 3.6% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 3.2% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 3.7% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is up 3.9% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is up 4.5% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 3.3% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 12.3% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 3.9% today and down 21.0% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 3.4% today and down 22.9% in the last month.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 4.4% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 2.3% today and down 25.2% in the last month.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 0.6% today and down 22.9% in the last month.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.