Financial stocks rose 2.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 2.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.4% and the S&P 500 was up 2.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is up 4.4% today.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is up 4.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is up 4.0% today.
- Ameriprise Financial Services (AMP): AMP stock is up 3.9% today.
- Morgan Stanley (MS): MS stock is up 3.7% today.
- Goldman Sachs Group (GS): GS stock is up 3.6% today.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is up 3.5% today.
- Fidelity National Information Services (FIS): FIS stock is up 3.4% today.
- State Street Corp (STT): STT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is down 0.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): FNFG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.