Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 10.2% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 4.3% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 4.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is up 3.7% today.
- East West Bancorp (EWBC): EWBC stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is up 3.6% today.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is up 3.3% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 3.3% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 3.3% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is down 2.7% today.
- Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund (KYE): KYE stock is down 2.5% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 2.7% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 1.7% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETW): ETW stock is down 1.2% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd (MRH): MRH stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.