Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 3.2% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 2.7% today.
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is up 2.6% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 2.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is up 1.8% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is up 1.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 3.3% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is down 1.7% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is down 1.4% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is down 1.2% today.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.