Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.7%, the Nasdaq fell 0.7% and the S&P 500 was down 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Allied World Assurance Company (AWH): AWH stock is up 1.9% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is up 1.8% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Hartford Financial Services Group (HIG): HIG stock is up 1.6% today.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is up 1.5% today.
- XL Company Switzerland Gmbh (XL): XL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Alleghany Corp (Y): Y stock is up 1.5% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 1.4% today.
- American Financial Group (AFG): AFG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 4.4% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 3.3% today.
- Fleetcor Technologies (FLT): FLT stock is down 3.0% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 3.0% today.
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR): CFR stock is down 2.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 2.7% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is down 2.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN): MAIN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.