Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 6.0% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 3.5% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 2.6% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 3.3% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 2.6% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.6% today.
- Metlife Inc (MET): MET stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 15.4% today and down 36.7% in the last month.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 5.5% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 1.5% today and down 20.3% in the last month.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 2.8% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 2.2% today.
- Green Dot Corp (GDOT): GDOT stock is down 5.6% today.
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions (HLSS): HLSS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is down 1.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.