Services stocks finished up 1.7% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 2.1% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.8% and the S&P 500 was up 2.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Fti Consulting (FCN): FCN stock is up 8.2% today.
- The Advisory Board Company (ABCO): ABCO stock is up 6.3% today.
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 6.1% today.
- Infinera Corp (INFN): INFN stock is up 5.7% today.
- Digitalglobe Inc (DGI): DGI stock is up 5.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Groupon Inc (GRPN): GRPN stock is up 5.3% today.
- Supervalu Inc (SVU): SVU stock is up 5.1% today.
- Maximus Inc (MMS): MMS stock is up 5.0% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is up 4.9% today.
- Stantec Inc (STN): STN stock is up 4.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Reed Elsevier Nv (ENL): ENL stock is down 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Aruba Networks (ARUN): ARUN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Antero Resources Midstream Llc (AM): AM stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Korea Telecom Corp (KT): KT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Walgreen Company (WAG): WAG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Firstservice Corp (FSRV): FSRV stock is down 0.5% today.
- Bt Group Plc (BT): BT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Starz Series A Liberty Capital (STRZA): STRZA stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.