Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.0%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 rose 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is up 9.9% today.
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is up 5.5% today.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is up 6.6% today.
- Epam Systems Inc (EPAM): EPAM stock is up 4.3% today.
- Finisar Corp (FNSR): FNSR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Celestica Inc (CLS): CLS stock is up 4.1% today.
- Jds Uniphase Corp (JDSU): JDSU stock is up 3.0% today.
- Taser International (TASR): TASR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Imperva Inc (IMPV): IMPV stock is up 3.5% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is up 3.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Methode Electronics (MEI): MEI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Garmin Ltd (GRMN): GRMN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Commvault Systems (CVLT): CVLT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is down 1.0% today.
- The Descartes Systems Group Inc (DSGX): DSGX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS): CRUS stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.