More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.9% and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Taser International (TASR): TASR stock is up 8.1% today.
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is up 6.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Qlogic Corp (QLGC): QLGC stock is up 6.7% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 4.1% today.
- Salesforce.Com Inc (CRM): CRM stock is up 4.0% today.
- 3D Systems Corp (DDD): DDD stock is up 4.4% today.
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is up 4.0% today.
- Zynga Inc (ZNGA): ZNGA stock is up 6.0% today.
- Ellie Mae Inc (ELLI): ELLI stock is up 3.6% today.
- Pandora Media Inc (P): P stock is up 3.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is down 1.7% today.
- Sierra Wireless (SWIR): SWIR stock is down 2.5% today.
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Semtech Corp (SMTC): SMTC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Virtusa Corp (VRTU): VRTU stock is down 0.5% today.
- Tessera Technologies (TSRA): TSRA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Interxion Holding N.V. (INXN): INXN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Franklin Electric Co. (FELE): FELE stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.