Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.6%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 1.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is up 0.4% today.
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is up 0.3% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is up 0.3% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is down 3.5% today.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is down 3.5% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 3.1% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is down 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is down 2.9% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 3.1% today and down 25.7% in the last month.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is down 3.0% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 3.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.