More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.6%, the Nasdaq rose 1.7% and the S&P 500 was up 1.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Oracle Corp (ORCL): ORCL stock is up 8.3% today.
- Cepheid (CPHD): CPHD stock is up 8.5% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is up 7.5% today.
- Web.Com Group Inc (WWWW): WWWW stock is up 7.0% today.
- First Solar (FSLR): FSLR stock is up 6.3% today.
- Vasco Data Security International (VDSI): VDSI stock is up 5.8% today.
- Aspen Technology (AZPN): AZPN stock is up 4.8% today.
- Bitauto Holdings Limited (BITA): BITA stock is up 5.0% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is up 4.7% today.
- Wipro Limited (WIT): WIT stock is up 4.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Taser International (TASR): TASR stock is down 2.1% today.
- 3D Systems Corp (DDD): DDD stock is down 2.2% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is down 1.7% today.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI): SMI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Sandisk Corp (SNDK): SNDK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Marcus & Millichap (MMI): MMI stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.