Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.9% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 5.2% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 5.2% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 3.9% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 3.8% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 3.6% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 3.5% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 3.4% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is up 3.3% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 2.5% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 2.1% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 1.4% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 0.6% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.