Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, down 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 1.9% and the S&P 500 declined 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 3.9% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 3.3% today and up 35.8% in the last month.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 3.1% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 3.0% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 2.7% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 2.7% today and up 20.3% in the last month.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.3% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 2.4% today and up 20.9% in the last month.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 7.8% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 4.6% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 3.2% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 3.2% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 2.7% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.7% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.7% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 2.5% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.4% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is down 3.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.