Energy stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.9%, the Nasdaq was up 1.0% and the S&P 500 increased 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 5.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 3.9% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 3.8% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 3.5% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is up 3.1% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 4.3% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 4.3% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 3.4% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 3.3% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 3.2% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 3.0% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 2.8% today.
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.