Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street on Wednesday, down 1.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cna Financial Corp (CNA): CNA stock is up 0.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 0.4% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 0.2% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 4.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 4.4% today.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is down 4.3% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 4.0% today.
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP): PNFP stock is down 3.9% today.
- East West Bancorp (EWBC): EWBC stock is down 3.8% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 3.6% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 3.7% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 3.4% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 3.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.