Financial stocks finished down 1.5% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.9%, the Nasdaq was down 1.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions Llc (BR): BR stock is up 0.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Allied World Assurance Company (AWH): AWH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd (MRH): MRH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 0.5% today.
- XL Company Switzerland Gmbh (XL): XL stock is up 0.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 4.8% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 4.5% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 4.5% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 4.1% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 4.2% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB): FITB stock is down 4.0% today on 4 times normal volume.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 3.9% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 3.7% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 3.7% today.
- First Interstate Bancsystem (FIBK): FIBK stock is down 3.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.