Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.8%, the Nasdaq was down 1.0% and the S&P 500 declined 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 2.4% today.
- ING Clarion Global Real Estate (IGR): IGR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is up 0.8% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Markel Corp (MKL): MKL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 0.5% today.
- Fulton Financial Corp (FULT): FULT stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is down 4.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Iberiabank Corp (IBKC): IBKC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Intercontinental Exchange (ICE): ICE stock is down 2.6% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is down 2.6% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 2.6% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 2.5% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 2.4% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 2.4% today.
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is down 2.4% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.