Financial stocks declined 2.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.8%, the Nasdaq declined 1.5% and the S&P 500 was down 1.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is up 3.2% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 0.7% today.
- XL Company Switzerland Gmbh (XL): XL stock is up 0.6% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is up 0.6% today.
- Intercontinental Exchange (ICE): ICE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 0.1% today.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Blackrock Preferred (BTZ): BTZ stock is up 0.2% today.
- The Navigators Group (NAVG): NAVG stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 9.8% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 7.1% today and down 36.2% in the last month.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 6.5% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 6.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 5.8% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 5.7% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 5.7% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is down 5.5% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 5.4% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 5.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.