Financial stocks finished down 1.6% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.8% and the S&P 500 was down 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETW): ETW stock is up 0.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is up 0.3% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is down 4.3% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is down 4.4% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 4.2% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is down 4.0% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is down 3.4% today.
- First Interstate Bancsystem (FIBK): FIBK stock is down 3.2% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 3.3% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 3.2% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is down 3.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.