Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.3%, the Nasdaq increased 1.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 4.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 4.1% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 3.8% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is up 3.7% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 3.6% today.
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is up 3.6% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.4% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 3.4% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 3.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Capital One Financial Corp (COF): COF stock is down 0.5% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.5% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is down 0.5% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 0.2% today.
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN): MAIN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Willis Group Holdings (WSH): WSH stock is down 0.2% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Blackrock Enhanced Dividend Achievers (BDJ): BDJ stock is down 0.1% today.
- Cit Group Inc [Del] (CIT): CIT stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.