Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 4.4% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Navigators Group (NAVG): NAVG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 1.9% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Bok Financial Corp (BOKF): BOKF stock is up 1.9% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 1.5% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is down 1.3% today.
- First Financial Bancorp (FFBC): FFBC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Northwest Bancshares (NWBI): NWBI stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.