Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.9% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is up 4.3% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is up 3.4% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 3.3% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 2.9% today.
- Capitol Federal Financial (CFFN): CFFN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is up 2.7% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 2.7% today.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is up 2.6% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is down 0.9% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 0.9% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is down 0.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.