Financial stocks rose 2.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.5%, the Nasdaq was up 1.9% and the S&P 500 increased 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- United Bankshares (UBSI): UBSI stock is up 6.3% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is up 6.0% today.
- F.N.B. Corp (FNB): FNB stock is up 5.8% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is up 5.7% today.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is up 5.6% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is up 5.6% today.
- First Financial Bancorp (FFBC): FFBC stock is up 5.4% today.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 5.4% today.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is up 5.3% today.
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is up 5.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 0.7% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM): CM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Blackrock Preferred (BTZ): BTZ stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.