Financial stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 3.3% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Raymond James Financial (RJF): RJF stock is up 2.5% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Pacwest Bancorp (PACW): PACW stock is up 2.3% today.
- Webster Financial Corp (WBS): WBS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 1.1% today.
- American Express Company (AXP): AXP stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund (CSQ): CSQ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM): CM stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Visa Inc (V): V stock is down 0.7% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 0.6% today.
- American International Group (AIG): AIG stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.