Healthcare stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is up 35.0% today and up 35.0% in the last month.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 5.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is up 3.2% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 3.1% today.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is up 2.7% today.
- Stryker Corp (SYK): SYK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is down 1.7% today.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is down 1.5% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 0.8% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.