Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 6.0% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 4.3% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 3.5% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 3.4% today.
- Natus Medical Inc (BABY): BABY stock is up 2.6% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 2.6% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is down 0.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Dentsply International Inc (XRAY): XRAY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.