Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 9.8% today.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is up 8.8% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 8.0% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 3.6% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 3.3% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 2.8% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is down 4.1% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 3.8% today.
- Dentsply International Inc (XRAY): XRAY stock is down 2.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 2.4% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 2.4% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 2.3% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 2.2% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is down 2.2% today.
- Endologix Inc (ELGX): ELGX stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.