Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 2.1% today and up 35.5% in the last month.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is up 1.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 1.9% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is up 1.8% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is down 2.3% today.
- Natus Medical Inc (BABY): BABY stock is down 2.0% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 1.7% today.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.