Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.9%, the Nasdaq rose 1.0% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Dst Systems (DST): DST stock is up 3.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- G&K Services (GK): GK stock is up 2.8% today.
- Huron Consulting Group Inc (HURN): HURN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is up 2.7% today.
- Dish Network Corp (DISH): DISH stock is up 2.7% today.
- Fti Consulting (FCN): FCN stock is up 2.7% today.
- Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG): IPG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Darden Restaurants (DRI): DRI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Group 1 Automotive (GPI): GPI stock is up 2.4% today.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Centurylink (CTL): CTL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ryder System (R): R stock is down 2.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRAA): PRAA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): HTZ stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Avalonbay Communities (AVB): AVB stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- News Corp Class A (NWSA): NWSA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Korea Telecom Corp (KT): KT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Comcast Corp (CMCSK): CMCSK stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Comcast Corp (CMCSA): CMCSA stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.