Services stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Orbitz Worldwide (OWW): OWW stock is up 8.6% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is up 2.9% today.
- Telecomunicacoes De Sao Paulo S/A Ads (VIV): VIV stock is up 2.7% today.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is up 2.6% today.
- O’Reilly Automotive (ORLY): ORLY stock is up 1.9% today.
- The Wendy’s Company (WEN): WEN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Advance Auto Parts Inc (AAP): AAP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Mattress Firm Holding Corp (MFRM): MFRM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Tiffany & Co. (TIF): TIF stock is up 1.7% today.
- Spartan Stores (SPTN): SPTN stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- China Lodging Group Limited (HTHT): HTHT stock is down 5.0% today.
- Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc (LL): LL stock is down 3.8% today.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is down 3.8% today.
- American Realty Capital Propert (ARCP): ARCP stock is down 3.5% today.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is down 3.2% today.
- Charter Communications (CHTR): CHTR stock is down 3.1% today.
- Lions Gate Entertainment Corp (LGF): LGF stock is down 3.1% today.
- Rouse Properties Inc. Common S (RSE): RSE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Zumiez Inc (ZUMZ): ZUMZ stock is down 2.9% today.
- Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC): CVC stock is down 2.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.