Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is up 7.6% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Cogent Communications Group (CCOI): CCOI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Apple Inc (AAPL): AAPL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cavium Inc (CAVM): CAVM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Advent Software (ADVS): ADVS stock is up 2.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Lm Ericsson Telephone Company (ERIC): ERIC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Loral Space and Communications (LORL): LORL stock is down 3.2% today.
- Methode Electronics (MEI): MEI stock is down 2.9% today.
- Avx Corp (AVX): AVX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Tivo Inc (TIVO): TIVO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Dealertrack Holdings (TRAK): TRAK stock is down 2.1% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is down 1.9% today.
- SS&C Technologies Holdings (SSNC): SSNC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Convergys Corp (CVG): CVG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sykes Enterprises Inc (SYKE): SYKE stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.