Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is up 7.6% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Cogent Communications Group (CCOI): CCOI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Apple Inc (AAPL): AAPL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cavium Inc (CAVM): CAVM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Advent Software (ADVS): ADVS stock is up 2.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Lm Ericsson Telephone Company (ERIC): ERIC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Loral Space and Communications (LORL): LORL stock is down 3.2% today.
- Methode Electronics (MEI): MEI stock is down 2.9% today.
- Avx Corp (AVX): AVX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Tivo Inc (TIVO): TIVO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Dealertrack Holdings (TRAK): TRAK stock is down 2.1% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is down 1.9% today.
- SS&C Technologies Holdings (SSNC): SSNC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Convergys Corp (CVG): CVG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sykes Enterprises Inc (SYKE): SYKE stock is down 1.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.