Utilities stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 1.3% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 0.8% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 0.4% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.4% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.