Utilities stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 1.3% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 0.8% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 0.4% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.4% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.