Utilities stocks finished up 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.9%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.0% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 3.1% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 2.3% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 2.4% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 2.3% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 1.3% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.