Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is up 3.6% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 3.2% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 2.3% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 5.0% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 4.6% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 4.1% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 3.1% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 3.0% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 2.7% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 3.0% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 2.6% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.